FENUMAT ™ – A green approach in phyto & micro-nutrients delivery
Register to attend SupplySide Presentation Theatre
100% natural & food-grade micronutrient delivery technology
The recent explosion in interest in the numerous health-beneficial effects of phytonutrients produced from spices and herbs has produced a tremendous demand for well-studied phytonutrient-rich extracts as possible natural health-promoting or health-protecting agents. Though many phytonutrients and micronutrients have been shown to be effective in numerous pharmacological studies, their poor oral bioavailability often limits their efficacy when supplemented for benefits against various disease states such as cardiovascular, neurodegenerative, metabolic disorders, obesity, and even cancer. As a result, there is a rising demand for safe and cost-effective delivery methods capable of delivering significant quantities of phytonutrients into the bloodstream when consumed orally. Most contemporary approaches rely on synthetic emulsifiers or polymer-based nanoparticles, which are used in pharmaceuticals. FENUMAT TM was the answer.
FENUMAT™ is a 100% natural & food-grade micronutrient delivery technology (patented) based on soluble dietary fibre (galactomannans) from fenugreek seeds. The unique chemical structure of fenugreek galactomannans makes it an ideal platform for loading both oils and hydrophobic molecules under optimized conditions. The water-based process & absence of organic solvents & synthetic excipients distinguishes FENUMAT™ as the first commercially viable GREEN approach in phytonutrient delivery.
FENUMAT ™ is
- Natural & Food-grade
- A specialized galactomannan derived from the spice fenugreek
- It can be made ORGANIC
- The powder form of lipids suitable for soft gels, tablets, sachets, capsules, etc
- Helps easy storage and shelf-life from easy rancidity
- The gel of the lipids in the galactomannan matrix is highly permeable
- CLEAN LABEL (Vegan, halal, kosher, allergen-free, non-GMO, etc)
- Long shelf-life & ordinary package
- High bioactive loading
Some successful formulations using FENUMAT TM technology are:
HYBRID FENUMAT TM TECHNOLOGY
The hybrid- FENUMAT TM technology offers a high level of complexity and functionality in sophisticated biological systems. The methodology used fenugreek galactomannan as a biopolymer matrix for the uniform impregnation of bioactive molecules (lipidated CAAS) and thereby protecting the liposomal forms from their inherent problems of poor in vivo stability and rapid elimination for the first time. The hybrid- FENUMAT technology offers important advantages with respect to synthetic polymers for biomedical applications by minimising the burst release. They also improve the water solubility and bioavailability of encapsulated bioactive molecules.
- The hybrid-FENUMAT TM improves both drug formulation stabilities and drug administration routes.
- The hybrid-FENUMAT TM technology can overcome the drawbacks of liposomal formulations.
- They can inhibit liposomes' chemical changes and enhance their stability under stomach and storage conditions.
- The hybrid-FENUMAT TM technology can reduce the use of chemical stabilizers, and improve drug loading efficiency.
- They can also reduce opsonisation and hence improve oral bioavailability.
- The fenugreek galactomannan hydrogel network provides a “capping effect” whereby it stabilizes the liposomes from harsh environmental conditions.
Some successful formulations using Hybrid-FENUMAT TM technology are: