World Sleep Day 2022
Natural sleep aid from black cumin
Quality Sleep | Sound Mind | Happy world
Sleep is an essential part of every creature’s life. It is a naturally recurring state of mind and body in which an individual becomes physically inactive and unaware of the surrounding environment, provided the involuntary functions of the body performs in a normal way. A human spends about one-third of his lifetime on planet Earth asleep. During this time, his brain restores everything for a better wake up to the next fine morning. A world without sleep will be unimaginable because sound sleep is essential to maintaining a healthier life and peaceful society.
Sleep is broadly divided into two, rapid eye moment sleep(REM) and non-rapid eye moment sleep (non-REM). During each night a person goes through these stages of sleep that alternate with each other. Lack of proper sleep or persistent problems of falling and staying asleep is considered insomnia. This includes a variety of sleep disturbances such as difficulty in falling asleep, early or frequent awakenings and remaining unrefreshed after sleep. Sleep disturbances can influence nearly every part of life. Research links sleep deprivations to accidents, relationship issues, poor job performance, memory problems and mood disorders. Recent studies also suggest that sleep disorders may contribute to heart diseases, obesity, metabolic syndromes (diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension, etc.), brain function disorders (stress, anxiety, mood changes), loss of immunity etc.
Why getting good sleep is important?
- Get less sick otherwise increases immunity
- Supports metabolism
- Aids in the proper functioning of hormones
- Reduces stress and improve mood
- Lowers risk of health problems like diabetes, heart diseases etc.
- Get along better with people for a good social life
Are we getting enough sleep?
- Adults between 18 and 64 need seven to nine hours of sleep per night. Adults over 65 need 7-8 hours.
- 62% of adults around the world say they don't sleep as well as they'd like (Philips Global Sleep Survey, 2019).
- As many as 67% of adults report sleep disturbances at least once every night (Philips Global Sleep Survey, 2019).
- 50 to 70 million adults in the U.S. are affected by a sleep disorder (American Sleep Association [ASA], 2021).
- Every year, 30% to 40% of adults in the U.S. report symptoms of insomnia at some point annually (American Journal of Managed Care, 2020).
- 44% of adults around the world say that the quality of their sleep has gotten worse over the past five years (Philips Global Sleep Survey, 2019).
- Sales of melatonin supplements in the U.S. grew from $62M in 2003 to $378M in 2014, an increase of 500%, indicating the importance and dependence of sleep-aids. Here comes the significance of a safe, natural sleep-aid with a relaxing or calming effect without losing memory.
Is there a natural solution for sleep disorders?
BlaQmax® is the answer….!!!
Black cumin seeds and their oil have a long history of folklore usage in Arabian and Indian civilization and are used in food and as medicine. The seeds are used as a flavouring, to improve digestion and produce warmth, especially in cold climates. In Ayurveda, black cumin seeds are known as Upakunchika. It is considered laghu (easy to digest), ushna (hot in potency) and medhya (beneficial in the brain level functions). According to the Prophet Mohammad, Black cumin is the cure for all diseases except Saam, which is death. This magical seed has been used in the Arab medicinal system from ancient times.
BlaQmax® is a patented black cumin seed (Nigella sativa L) extract standardized to the key bioactive by a proprietary ACTILOCK technology. BlaQmax® is the only patented black cumin extract for brain functions. It is patented for the claim “Composition of Nigella sativa seeds to treat anxiety, stress and sleep disorders with significant memory enhancement properties and a process for producing the same - Patent No. US 10485837 B2, dated: November 26, 2019”.
A recent single-arm, open-label, pilot polysomnography study on healthy subjects with sleep disturbances revealed that 200mg of BlaQmax® once daily for seven days significantly improved the total sleep time, sleep latency, and sleep efficiency along with the improvements in deep sleep. In the same study, the healthy volunteers were screened to check the anxiety and stress levels by various investigatory scales like DASS-21 & HAM-A. The results exhibited a significant reduction in anxiety and stress on supplementation of BlaQmax® for 28 days. Further, this was effective in reducing the serum cortisol level which was evident from the haematological assays. No adverse events or deviations in haematological and biochemical parameters related to safety were reported.
Improved Deep sleep Total DASS-21 score reduced by 27.29%, among
these anxiety and stress reduced by 32.58% and 21.96%.
Improved sleep duration, sleep quality, reduced sleep latency and overall sleep disturbance
Total DASS-21 score reduced by 27.29%, among these anxiety and stress reduced by 32.58% and 21.96%.
BlaQmax® showed enhanced acetylcholinesterase inhibition (64.47% inhibition at 20 μg/ml). The observed effect was similar to standard acetylcholinesterase inhibitor donepezil (65.03% at 10 μg/mL).
Features of BlaQmax®
- 100% natural and food grade
- The optimized low dosage of 100-200 mg/day
- Zero solvents
Contact us to learn more about the ongoing innovative research and for the unpublished data on our randomized double-blinded placebo-controlled clinical trials.